[Market-farming] Curing, or Cut-n-Plant, potato seed pieces

Steve Diver steved at ipa.net
Fri Feb 13 11:39:40 EST 2009

>Just out of curiosity, Steve, what is your soil temperature in Texas
>right now? -Allan in WV

Closest meterological monitoring station with soil
temperature data that I could find quick is Prairie
View, TX.... which is similar lattitude -- but closer
to the Houston/Gulf Coast region.

SCAN Site Information for Prairie View in Texas
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/scan/site.pl?sitenum=2016&state=tx

It says they're at 14.3 C which is 57 F.

We can grow just about every kind of cool-season
crop straight thru "winter".... though it definitely
freezes.

Steve Diver