[Market-farming] Moving the MN Garlic Festival

Jerry and Marienne kreitlow at cmgate.com
Fri Feb 13 09:24:00 EST 2009

I'll post more details later - and hopefully get some discussion and
advice going - of the challenges we've faced as a festival that
promotes local foods, vital rural communities, sustainable farming
and a healthy environment.  I know some of you have been through
comparable situations.  For the moment, though, we're in the "council
has advised me not to discuss . . ." phase.  The end result is that
we are leaving the Wright County Fairgrounds - our home for our first
three years.

I did want to let you know at least this much, that MN Garlic
Festival is, indeed, moving!

New date: August 15th, 2009, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
New Location:  McLeod County Fairgrounds in Hutchinson, MN

There is some more information on the MN Garlic Festival Fans
Facebook site, if you do that sort of thing;  and the official
website (www.sfa-mn.org/garlicfest) will be updated soon.

Jerry Ford
Events & Youth Outreach Coordinator
Sustainable Farming Association of MN