[Market-farming] Curing, or Cut-n-Plant, potato seed pieces

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Fri Feb 13 08:50:16 EST 2009

Steve -

We used to make a slurry of local clay and stirred barrel compost and
myco and dip our cuts in that to avert infections and to promote root
growth, etc.

For the last many years, though, the seed potatoes have been small
enough - - and our budget large enough - - to skip cutting all
together and just plant small hole potatoes.

Some varieties, like pontiac, don't lend them selves to the 'small
seed potatoe' paradigm, so those we continue to cut and tip.

Enjoy your spud planting! WE won't do it here outside of DC until at
least St Patrick's day!

-Allan in WV