[Market-farming] Sources for middle buster plow

Bill Shoemaker wshoemak at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 12 08:30:59 EST 2009

We have one we bought from Tractor Supply. It was inexpensive but it's effective if you accept it's limitations. You will have some damage, even if you handle it well. But it's minimal. We've used it on small plantings of potatoes, carrots and some other root crops. You can plant in twin rows of carrots and similar crops, run it deep under the twin rows and lift the bed gently, loosening the roots. They're easy to pick up then. Ours is about 10 years old, no problems.

Bill