[Market-farming] Germination/ Maturation Days

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Fri Feb 6 13:41:49 EST 2009

And, the final thing to remember is that it is an estimate, in a
particular place, in the best growing season.  We find, for instance, in
Kentucky, that seeds from Johnny's have an actually DTM (Days to
Maturity) that is several days fewer in the prime growing season.  And,
in spring and fall, DTM will be significantly different because of day
length.  We have started tracking ACTUAL DTM on our crops so we can plan
better.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm