[Market-farming] planter for sweet corn

clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com
Wed Feb 4 10:10:48 EST 2009

That said, is anyone transplanting sweet corn into raised beds or any other crop, for that matter?  Since a water wheel transplanter doesn't always make a deep enough hole (due to stones or other hard spots in the ground), I am thinking that forming a raised bed of relatively loose dirt might help matters.  True or not?

Andy, I use a 4 row JD 7000 with fairly good results planting sweet corn, but have no experience with a 71 row unit.

Kurt Forman Clearview Farm Palmyra, NY 14522