[Market-farming] tractors, again...

michelle rome michelleann7 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 20:30:36 EST 2009

Dave
For a small tractor the Kubota is a good one. Shop several Kubota dealers. For the bigger tractors, Mahindra (good value)- I own two.
When I was tractor shopping a few years ago I used and still use
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php for researching brand and model numbers. Search on the model numbers on specific forums and you will get some intereting reports from folks that own these tractors.
We all learn from each other. If you have a small farm (less than 5 acres) stay small. If you have a large farm you will need a couple of tractors. Don't discount some of the older reliable models like the masseys with the perkins engines or the little john deeres with the yanmar engines.
Happy researching,
Michelle

Michelle Hromyak
Romy Farms