[Market-farming] CSA share sizes?

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Mon Feb 2 20:54:13 EST 2009

We are doing some planning for a trial run of CSA production. I know the contents of the weekly share varies with the season and the vagaries of production, but what guidelines do you all use to buy seed and plan your planting? How many pounds of beans, tomatoes, greens, leeks, etc, etc, etc, do you hope to pack into the weekly share when that crop is producing? Can anyone point to some lists that show this? Much appreciated.

Richard in zone 5, where the snow is deep but the days are getting longer

 --
 Richard Robinson
 http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/