[Market-farming] How to Plow

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Wed Oct 15 11:32:16 EDT 2008

Andy, I always like to fall plow all my early spring planting ground. The soil on plowed soil warms up fast and dries out quick...You may have to replace the shares before you start plowing, and even the landsides. Have someone check out the plow before you start. Worn shares and rusty moldboards make the job harder.
You can learn to plow the same way I did... Just hook it up go to the field when no one is looking, set the plow down and start moving. You will soon see where adjustments need to be made. don't try to go too deep and find a speed that suits your old tractor. With an old tractor unless the engine was rebuilt you might be better off using three bottoms... Good luck.. Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.