[Market-farming] storage crops

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Mon Oct 13 09:12:04 EDT 2008

> My radishes have been through 5 or 6 freezes so far this fall, and they
> are
> still doing well. Beets will do well, I don't have any experience with
> cabbage, though.
> Sue
> Vermont

Come cold weather at this place the deer consider any cole their private
stock, pulling and hanging bottom up (roots on) in a cool dark place would
be necessary.

For added beet cold protection I might hit them with the potato hillers and
burry them a bit, when we could not move sugar beets one year we dug them,
dumped in a heap, and covered with dirt till after Christmas before
shipping.

MAsteveINE