[Market-farming] storage crops

John Ferree john at seldomseenfarm.com
Mon Oct 13 05:10:57 EDT 2008

I'm leaving for a week in late october for terra madre, and with the
cool weather we have a good bit still in the ground that i'm hoping to
save for winter markets.  some stuff i have experience with taking light
freezes, but wonder about others.  around what temps will various crops
loose quality and not recover?  my main concerns are:  beets, cabbage,
fall radishes.  I would rather yank the stuff before leaving, if threat
of a freeze is in the long term forcast, but with everything else that
needs to happen. . . . pulling and topping 4k sf of beets will just add
to the mayhem.

thanks
john