[Market-farming] ? re yellow raspberries

Bobbett bobbett at alltel.net
Thu Oct 2 15:01:04 EDT 2008

Ok, dummy me didn't write down which row was which when I planted Anne
and Kiwi Gold raspberries earlier this year.  So I'm asking the experts
on this list to see if anyone can take an educated guess on which is
which based on the below, especially if you've grown either or both of
these varieties of yellow raspberries before:

One variety definitely has bigger fruit than the other.
The bigger fruit is slight conical in shape AND is fully ripe when
totally yellow.
The other variety is round and isn't fully ripe until the fruit is
turning orange; yellow fruits are still hard and unripe.

Also, are these varieties Fall-bearing, or are they just doing so for me
this year because I only planted them this year?  The dormant canes were
planted in April, and they started setting fruit on the new canes late
this summer.  I'm still picking fruit as we speak.

ty,
Bobbett, KY zone 6
http://www.localharvest.org/store/M19189&ul