[Market-farming] Digital Min-Max Thermometers

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 30 17:31:43 EDT 2008

On Jun 30, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Ken Bezilla wrote:

>  Any recommendations for digital min-max thermometers?
>
> I used to have the mercury type ones, but haven't been able to find
> them locally anymore, and when I've tried to get them in the mail,
> I've had trouble with the mercury separating...

Where have you found the old mercury type for mail order? I thought
they were off the market. If you spin the thing around hard in circles,
often the separated mercury will rejoin.

The non-digital ones filled with a substitute liquid don't work. I
don't know whether the batteries needed for the digital ones are
actually better ecologically than the mercury, especially if I'm
careful enough to almost never break one.