[Market-farming] Garden problem

Garth & Kim Travis gartht at txcyber.com
Mon Jun 23 18:02:30 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I just got through with the extension agent identifying the bugs causing
havoc in my garden.  All are new this year, we have never had them
before, but it has been weird weather.  The Agent could identify
critters, but he only has chemical answers, nothing sustainable or organic.

Wire worm
leaf footed bug
stink bug
field cockroach - this one he had to look up, he hadn't seen it before.

Is there any one treatment that will get the works?  I did read the
stuff on leaf footed bugs this AM, does it have to be essential oil of
peperment?  Would a peppermint tea work?  [I have MCS]

Suggestions appreciated.  I did apply seaweed extract to support the
plants while I was waiting for my appointment and I do have compost tea
brewing that will be ready tommorow, to give the plants some help.

Bright Blessings,
Kim Travis
The Rose Colored Forest
Texas