[Market-farming] Price checks

E C GRANATA elainegranata at msn.com
Sun Jun 29 18:55:49 EDT 2008

Karen:  We go to the organic market-- Whole Foods mostly and set our prices at theirs, or above, sometimes.

I think you could get more than what we're selling for in Denver, but we get $5.00 a pound for arugula to restaurants-- $3.00 for a bunch at farmers' market (each bunch is about 1/4 pound, so it's $12.00 a pound), $12.00 for basil wholesale -- to markets and restaurants, $3.00 for a sandwich baggie of it at market, haven't sold eggplant yet, or cukes or peppers.

Good luck,

Elaine