[Market-farming] dealing with rye

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Wed Jun 25 08:44:44 EDT 2008

John, When you bush hog tall rye and plow, the plow rakes up the straw and created giant "rye gobs".
 I bush hog then if Im in a hurry I Howard rotavate it about 2" deep then plow which is what Im doing today with a vetch rye mix that I let go late into the season for its nitrogen value...One thing you can do is wait a month and let the rye straw weather then it will cut up with a disc harrow then plow... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.