[Market-farming] Tomato Salmonella

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Sat Jun 21 10:01:02 EDT 2008

Third party certification is not organic certification its even more strict and demanding. The USDA established a set of best management practices for hygienic growing and handling of produce that when followed would greatly reduce the dangers of food borne illness and contamination. USDA inspectors are trained to audit farms and approve certification. All large fruit and vegetable farms in the USA are in the program and in the near future all farms large and small who want to sell into the wholesale market will have to be certified. Only direct marketers and farm stands would be exempt... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.