[Market-farming] Tomato Salmonella

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Sun Jun 15 11:33:00 EDT 2008

In New Jersey we are a major tomato producing state. If this had happened a month from now our industry and reputation would have been ruined. Remember E coli in spinach? my state is the fifth largest spinach producer and 70 small farms lost there market just because of some fool on a farm 2500 miles away. As small direct market farms we are not under as strict a regulatory microscope as the large growers. We have a special responsibility to take every precaution to sell a safe product...Think about getting a third party certification guide and voluntarily follow it... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.