[Market-farming] Leaf-footed bugs

Shawnee Flowerfarmer farmingflowers at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:43:53 EDT 2008

Just googled your bug and I HAVE seen his bad boy cousin, the squash bug for which I have never had any effective organic control.  Cornell has a study testing out using trap crops of the bug's favorite species; the recommendation was to plant the trap cultivar all around the money crop, then destroy the trap plants.  Lots of work, I thought, when reading the study results and most depressingly, one of the favorite squash bug trap crops was Raven zucchini, also my favorite.  I hope someone can post a solution.  (But really, Steve, if you don't know what to do, who does?)  Shawnee, zone 5> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:19:55 -0500> From: steved at ipa.net> To: market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org> Subject: [Market-farming] Leaf-footed bugs> > Any luck controlling leaf-footed bugs with organic> sprays? > > I never had this problem in Arkansas but they are a> booger down here in Texas. They feed on tomato fruits> and ruin the quality and appearance. > > Have tried Bio-Neem, DE, and Spinosad so far. > They keep on going. The tomato jungle gives> them plenty of cover. > > The bugs squish easy if you can catch them.> > Steve Diver> > > > > > _______________________________________________> Market-farming mailing list> Market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/market-farming>