[Market-farming] Leaf-footed bugs

Shawnee Flowerfarmer farmingflowers at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:20:45 EDT 2008

Hey Steve, can you post a link to a picture of this bug?  Never heard of it in Northern Illinois.  Although there is a lot of controversy over using nicotine sprays on tomato et al...I have been using a nicotine tea...effective targeted contact killer which may not help if your bug is sneaky.  (Might not be aceptible to omri either, I suppose.)  Shawnee, zone 5> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:19:55 -0500> From: steved at ipa.net> To: market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org> Subject: [Market-farming] Leaf-footed bugs> > Any luck controlling leaf-footed bugs with organic> sprays? > > I never had this problem in Arkansas but they are a> booger down here in Texas. They feed on tomato fruits> and ruin the quality and appearance. > > Have tried Bio-Neem, DE, and Spinosad so far. > They keep on going. The tomato jungle gives> them plenty of cover. > > The bugs squish easy if you can catch them.> > Steve Diver> > > > > > _______________________________________________> Market-farming mailing list> Market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/market-farming>