[Market-farming] Was New Chicks/? about twine sissel vs plastic

Catherine S farmerwantabe at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:04:19 EDT 2008

We use tomato twine for the tomatos because you can get a good pull on it and it stays taunt where the sissell gets loose after a few rains or heavy dews and the plants tend to droop out of the rows. I use untreated sissell for the pole beans and tying other plants. Ordered the untreated through our local Coop; its more expensive than treated but worth it to me in the long run. I string alot of beans; after using the treated I'm sick for several days; haven't been sick using the untreated!!

At the end of the season I roll up vines and strings and put them in the burn pile; easy clean up.
Catherine
Flying S Farms
Woodbury, TN

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:36:40 -0700From: pech9 at rocketmail.comTo: market-farming at lists.ibiblio.orgSubject: Re: [Market-farming] New Chicks

Hi all,

I'm thinking of starting this "chicken thing" what breeds are you using for meat in a pasture situation?

On another note: those of you who use the weave system for tomatos, do you think it's ok to use baling twine or is it better to get some tomato twine?

Thanks

Have Fun
Dave