[Market-farming] rabbit control and dogs

TxBeeFarmer TxBeeFarmer at HotPop.com
Tue Jun 3 06:55:11 EDT 2008

Same here, but my dogs tend to find their nest, or whatever it's called.  I see them carrying a young one around every once in a while.  Wow! Those little things sure make a lot of noise!  If you're trying to keep them away from your veggies, there are some commercial sprays out there that will repel rabbits.  If you have a relatively small area, you can sprinkle blood meal around to repel them.

Good Luck

TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason Jones
  To: Market Farming
  Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:13 AM
  Subject: [Market-farming] rabbit control and dogs

  Is anyone using dogs for control of rabbits?  How does one train a dog to kill the rabbits once the dog finds them?  It seems as most of the dogs I have seen around rabbits just chase them around.  The rabbits seem to have the upper hand.

  Jason Jones

  Farm Manager

  JJones at TheHomestead.org

  (515) 957-3361

  The information in this E-Mail message, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are the intended recipient, be aware that your use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by state and federal privacy laws. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-Mail message. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the sender via E-Mail or by calling the sender at (515) 967-4369. Please delete the material and all copies of it from any computer. Thank you.