[Market-farming] New Chicks

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Jun 2 21:53:56 EDT 2008

Very quickly, especially the pullets. The cocks tend to stubbornly line up
along the outside of the tractor. After the cocks are all killed off, the
pullets not only are very adventurous but also much better behaved, and will
go in on their own. Sorry for the sexist tone, but that is what I have
observed, without looking hard.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead

Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com

Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of demoncracy is empty." - Frances
Moore Lappe

  _____