[Market-farming] Blackberry Problem

Glen Eco Farm glenecofarm at planetcomm.net
Sun Jun 1 17:14:36 EDT 2008

Yes, I too have seen too much leaf/plant growth and not that much fruiting with too much nitrogen.  If this is the problem, though, I don't think normal blooming would be occurring.
Blackberries do like an acid soil; so bark mulch or leaves is great for blackberries.
Does any one else in your area grow blackberries successfully?  Do blackberries grow in the wild?
Do you grow other brambles?
Could temperature be a problem?
Since you have bees, I assume that no chemicals like Sevin is in the air?
 I still don't know why my cranberry bush doesn't fruit either.
Perhaps I should try the bone meal and bark mulch on it.
Curious,
Christine