[Market-farming] Harvest containers

Petersons family petersns at whidbey.com
Sun Jun 1 13:24:56 EDT 2008

I see you are in Arizona so shipping may guide your choice.  We're
happy with our containers from http://www.dacocorp.com (but we can
pick them up at the warehouse).  Look in the bargain section for hand
held containers -this is where you can find quantities less than a
pallet.  Having sturdy containers that stack or nest has been such a
help in getting ready for market.  The drain tray doesn't stack, but
has been valuable for washing and draining many different
vegetables.   The stacking/nesting containers with solid bottom and
side holes allow you to pull them along a row without getting dirt
inside usually, and later when packing vegetables, to leave a bit of
water in the bottom if you need too.  These containers stack nicely,
can be used to build displays as they empty at market, and are all
around useful. The stackable containers are sturdy,  but we've only
used them for 3 years at this point. We got the drain trays used, at a
liquidator's, about 15 years ago and haven't damaged them ourselves yet.
The two we use the most:
Stack & Nest Box
Solid Bottom, Side Holes
23.6"x15.37"x7" - Yellow -