[Market-farming] brown rot in peaches

Teresa Oliver oliver at osprey.net
Sun Jul 27 12:13:22 EDT 2008

Was wondering if anyone is struggling with brown rot in peaches this season?  We had some on plums earlier  - it is much worse in the peaches.  My question is --is it possible to wash them and store to ripen since they are rotting before they ripen. Do you wash them with anything special?  Are they safe to eat? We have a small CSA list where we mix vegetables, fruits and herbs and have not had this problem to this extent in seasons past.  I can find information about working on the problem itself although not this season so will try that - just wanted to know about other people's experiences. Thanks -- Teresa, Sundog CSA