[Market-farming] Singing the praises of a new (to me, anyway) vegetable

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Jul 25 10:16:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:49:12 -0400, you wrote:

>   Pat, did you get any of the cabbage collard seed  that went around?
>I never cared much for collards, but these are milder and sweeter - and
>we are really sold on them, both the green and the "yellow".  I look
>forward to tasting them after the first frosts to compare.  If you do not
>have any of those seed, i sure would be glad to share some of the green
>cabbage collards.

No, I didn't get any of those seeds.  I would like to have them, but not
this year;  our gardening capacity for this year is fully occupied, sadly.
Space is full; no time for more either.

I'll try to remember for next year.  I'd also like to try salsify - so many
new plants to try, so little time!  Which is much better than sitting
around being bored.

Thanks, Toni.

Pat
--