[Market-farming] seed sources

Andy Fellenz fellenz at fltg.net
Tue Jul 22 21:50:16 EDT 2008

I'm on the east coast and have been happy with service and selection
from Harris and Johnny's.  I have had mixed experiences with FEDCO seeds
especially those sourced from small scale growers which were sometimes
off-type, mixed varieties or had poor germination.   I like FEDCO's
desire to support small local growers, but believe they need to expend
more effort in quality assurance to ensure that what they are selling is
good.  I ordered some heirloom tomatoes from Southern Exposure Seed
Exchange this season and was impressed with their selection & service.

Andy
www.FellenzFamilyFarm.com