[Market-farming] Harmony Herbicide how long lasting is it

Andy Fellenz fellenz at fltg.net
Sun Jul 20 22:17:20 EDT 2008

A local supplier of wheat straw has a reasonable price on his small
bales but mentioned that he used Harmony as a post-emergent herbicide
this spring.  I use straw mulches with several of my hoophouse crops -
tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, melons and am wondering if I
should have any concern about residue from the spring application
affecting my crops.  Normally, I wouldn't even be asking this question,
but after reading about the problems english gardeners have been having
with manure from animals which ate forages treating with aminopyralid.
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/jun/29/food.agriculture).  I
figure I better that I better ask.

Andy