[Market-farming] Dressing ideas for bitter summer lettuce(?)

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Sat Jul 19 10:13:54 EDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:58:08 -0400, you wrote:

>>Do you think a heavy straw mulch would help? It would certainly keep the
>>soil cooler.
>
>I try to avoid anything that would encourage slugs and I find that
>mulch is one of those things. -Allan

I find that the iron phosphate slug pellets (Sluggo or Es-Car-Go from
GardensAlive.com - they are identical as far as I can see) do a good job of
slug control.  And they are environmentally OK.

But I buy them on a fairly small scale, I don't know the economics of using
them on larger scales.

Pat
--
Northern Pennsylvania