[Market-farming] Japanese Beetles and Japanese Plums

David Guthrie dguthrie at egyptian.net
Thu Jul 17 22:14:43 EDT 2008

Hi Andy:

. . .get rid of the traps. . .at least that's what the extension guy told
me. . .

we went to a field day at a University of Illinois test plot and one of the
presenters said that japanese beatle traps (with pheremones?) attract your
neighbor's beatle population. . .so if you don't want to increase the
numbers around your place get your neighbor to put in the traps. . .the guy
said a barrel full of beatles over a short time period wasn't unusual . . .
we've got them too. . .so far they just eat my fruit trees and the pin oaks.
. .i'd be interested in organic controls as well !

David Guthrie
Illinois