[Market-farming] Salad Spinners

Jason Jones JJones at thehomestead.org
Mon Jul 14 14:31:12 EDT 2008

Not sure if anyone had suggested this already, but we use old washing
machines with the agitators removed.  Works great, clean-up is easy.  We
put the greens in laundry type bags and give them a full spin cycle.
Greens come out as dry as I have seen them in a hand cranked spinner.
This is an inexpensive route as well.  I got both of mine for free.
Used washers that spin, but don't do something else, like agitate or
drain, are pretty common and most folks are happy to have you take them
away.

Jason Jones

Farm Manager

JJones at TheHomestead.org

(515) 957-3361

The information in this E-Mail message, and any files transmitted with
it, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are the intended
recipient, be aware that your use of any confidential or personal
information may be restricted by state and federal privacy laws. If you,
the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or
forward this E-Mail message. If you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify the sender via E-Mail or by calling the sender at (515)
967-4369. Please delete the material and all copies of it from any
computer. Thank you.