[Market-farming] Case of the Strange Walking Potatoes

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Wed Jul 9 14:17:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:35:46 -0400, you wrote:

>Unfortunately, neither she nor I has either the equipment to do that
>with, or the money available to buy the equipment. Unless we can come
>up with somebody to borrow the camera from, that's not going to happen.
>It is a good idea, though.
>
>I gather nobody else has any other suggestions?

I read a British gardening list, and the people there complain about foxes
a lot - they say the cubs dig up the potatoes and play with them.  They've
actually seen this happen.

Foxes, in the UK, are suburban and urban creatures; very bold.  Not like
here. In the UK, evidently foxes fill the ecological niche that I believe
is mostly filled by raccoons here.

But even a country-fox (as opposed to a city-fox) could play with potatoes.

Pat
--
Northern Pennsylvania

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY