[Market-farming] sizing up brassicas

Ploughshare gjbrever at midwestinfo.net
Wed Jul 9 08:00:09 EDT 2008

I'm wondering why our brassicas aren't sizing up this year.  The plants look
great.. they've been well taken care of, watered, etc.  In addition, this
year it seems like it would have been a perfect one for brassicas... we had
a cool spring.    I know it's difficult to diagnose, but wondering if there
are any nutrients that I may be missing that would affect the size of our
brocolli, cauliflower and even our kohlrabi heads this year?
PS--I planted onions in the field the year before.  Do I remember reading
something about onions affect the size of brassicas or is it the other way
around?
--gary
Central MN