[Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Mon Aug 25 09:03:22 EDT 2008

Good Morning!

A good farm name is important, and as you know, hard to find.  We call
ourselves Au Naturel, mostly because we wanted something that reflected
that we use organic growing practices (at the time we were certified, no
longer are, but are using the same practices). Au Naturel, with the
French pronunciation, set us a little apart, but not too much.  It has
really worked. And, something we didn't think about at the time, most
farm lists are alphabetical, and with our farm name starting with an
'A', we are usually at the top of the list.  So, if folks get tired of
reading, they have usually seen our farm name before they 'tune out' or
'click back'.  The "bad" part is that sometimes folks think we are some
sort of nudist colony!  :)

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm