[Market-farming] Naming the gardens...

Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland rootsfarm at cwdom.dm
Sun Aug 24 16:05:49 EDT 2008

Our name: "Roots Farm" brought together a lot of past and present:  My
past involvement with an urban ag project in Holyoke, MA called Nuestras
Raices ("Our Roots"); our farming style which generally tries to utilize
old-timey wisdom (back to our roots); the importance of the soil life
--the medium for plant roots; even my partner's hair style (dreadlocks
aka "roots").   Also, in our first years we also grew a lot of ground
provisions -- root crops.  Name seemed a little funny at first, now
feels good/right.  I like that it's earthy and short, easy to say,
spell, remember.

Best wishes to all,

Karen

Karen Sutherland