[Market-farming] Fun thoughts

cjmaness at juno.com cjmaness at juno.com
Sat Aug 23 21:04:16 EDT 2008

Hmmm, since this a wish list, I'd go with a John Deere tractor, with a cab. AC/power steering, CD player, front end loader, you know, the works. One of those John Deere plows, where you just flip the switch and it rotates on it's own.  A do-all for final field prep. An Allis G for cultivating. A Monosem for planting. Any kind of transplanter would beat the heck out of crawling on hands and knees, though I liked the mechanical transplanter when we used one. A mulch layer, and then someone or something to pick up the mulch at the end of the season. A walk in cooler is essential in this business, as is a greenhouse. A fully automated one. A well trained, loyal work crew, who would apparently enjoy working for free since I'll never make enough for any of this stuff! The perfect vegetables, great taste, disease resistant, and weeds that simply won't grow in this fantasy land I'm creating for myself here!
Carla