[Market-farming] parsnips words of caution

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Wed Aug 20 10:08:03 EDT 2008

Thanks for bringing this up--I didn't know about it either. It can also be caused by parsley, celery, Queen Anne's lace, limes, and a few other plants. Here are some references on the phenomenon, phytophotodermatitis:

Phytophotodermatitis associated with parsnip picking.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1343418&blobtype=pdf

Phytophotodermatitis
http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic324.htm

 --