[Market-farming] sunflower varieties

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Fri Aug 15 10:53:41 EDT 2008

I notice on Kim's web page (http://www.barkingcatfarm.com) what look like short, single-head sunflowers growing up through net supports. Kim, can you tell me what variety those are, and how long the stems are? Is the netting to keep them from falling over? I sell some sunflowers and gladioluses, and would like to get more serious about choosing winning varieties. Stem length seems to be a major difference among them--my initial successes have come with very tall plants, with multiple 24-30" floral stems. Any other varietal suggestions out there?

 --
 Richard Robinson
 http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/