[Market-farming] Hot weather crop suggestion/chard bitter question

Garth & Kim Travis gartht at txcyber.com
Fri Aug 15 10:47:41 EDT 2008

Greetings,
I have found that once my chard went bitter, it never went back.  While
the plant will stay alive forever, it is not edible past the first 6-8
months, at least this is my experience.  I am also in Texas, south of
you, closer to the gulf.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

  We've got chard growing now but it's extremely bitter due to the hot