[Market-farming] Blackberry and Raspberry Questions

Glen Eco Farm glenecofarm at planetcomm.net
Sat Aug 9 12:53:35 EDT 2008

We have not always been successful at keeping the weeds out.  In early spring, when the ground is wet, I spend a good deal of time digging along the edge of the row and pulling weeds out.  Mulching heavy with horse barn bedding/wood chips helps to control weeds in the blackberries.  Mowing along the raspberry rows and mulching with hay helps feed the plants and control weeds.

Christine in VA