[Market-farming] Nylon netting

tonitime at juno.com tonitime at juno.com
Tue Aug 5 19:48:44 EDT 2008

Hi Pam,
   I have used the bridal netting/tulle for keeping pollinators out of
plants for seed stock - and that worked pretty well.  It also comes in
many sizes /guages of openings.  I did find that it tears pretty easily
after just one season.  I had higher hopes for it.  It also seemed to
attract our farm cats to get inside those tears and to sun - as tho the
tunnels were actually kitty cabanas! I do not have problems with the cats
and rowcover fabric, go figure.
  I will use the bolts we have, until they are worn out, and hope to find
a smilar fabric with more UV protection and strength.
Toni - KY