[Market-farming] Utilizing greenhouse

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Sun Aug 3 21:39:57 EDT 2008

> Anyone experienced at utilizing their heated?greenhouse during the winter
> for growing?? Realize that we use propane to heat, would need to grow a
> high$ crop to offset costs.? Thanks, Judy

When we were looking at the numbers several years ago, we were looking at
tomatoes which we cannot ripen here past November due to lack of light. To
add the light necessary for winter production we would have been heating
electrically as heat is a big by-product of the lighting ballast. The only
way that would come close to working would have been generate our own power
(diesel) and capture the engine heat.

MAsteveINE