[Market-farming] Watering Tomatoes

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Sun Aug 3 08:02:57 EDT 2008

> Hey, Steve - So how much water are you giving in 2 minutes? I've got
> to get onto the twice a day thing, but am afraid of my timer (might
> loose what I've got going now if I try a 2nd cycle!) Thank, Allan
My 6"deep 16wide grow beds get just about enough water in that 2 minutes
that a bit seeps out onto the concrete floor, since the water here is 250ppm
calcium I cant run drip or tube weights, just a chunk of tube drilled into
3/4 or 1/2 inch plastic pipe.

Pleasant surprise last month was that when my old, expensive then,
controller gave up I found a digital one on Home Depots www for under $30.00
which so far is working like a charm.

MAsteveINE