[Market-farming] Watering Tomatoes

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Sat Aug 2 10:31:48 EDT 2008

P & K have to be in the soil at planting in adaquate amounts or side-dressed soon after planting. Nitrogen stimulates photosynthesis's which causes the plant to draw on P K reserves and enhance fruiting. Applying P or K alone without N, will not do much for fruit growth in mid season. During peak production periods when you need a growth response in days not weeks you need fast acting fertilizers...  Bob.