[Market-farming] Co-Ops

Glen Eco Farm glenecofarm at planetcomm.net
Fri Nov 30 21:58:53 EST 2007

Allowing customers to order what they want would involve a lot of book keeping and packing time.  Perhaps you could take everything which you have available that week and  then your aunt and members could come and pack their own bags.  The membership could take the responsibility of dividing the produce.

We have a CSA on Tuesdays and go to a farmer's market on Saturdays.  We tell our Kurdish PYO customers to come Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Saturday afternoons.
I use the computer for 98% of our communication with CSA members, but even that takes time.  (We allow some of our members to work for their share; so I also need to communicate about work hours.)  Just dividing out the produce for 60 shares is a full day's job for one person.

Christine Burkholder