[Market-farming] High Value CRops was CSA start-up

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Mon Nov 26 14:32:53 EST 2007

>We don't do any wholesale sales or restaurant sales, only direct to
>consumer sales - that consumes everything we grow.

Alison  -

How many beds (of what size) of spinach and mesculn do you keep going
at a time to keep up with your markets? For what sort of weekly
harvest?

I've been working with 100x3ft beds for salad mix, but think I'll
start working with 50 or 33 ft bed lengths per seeding (for market)
The CSA pretty much takes up TWO 100ft beds per week. I normally cut
a bed twice.