[Market-farming] 1. Farmers market fees

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Sat Nov 24 18:00:01 EST 2007

> I was just curious how much your market charges to set up.

We charge $10 for a season membership (this covers insurance) plus 5% of
gross sales.  We have an all volunteer Board of Directors,and a volunteer
manager who is paid $20 per Saturday. We run regular radio, newspaper and
handbill ads and have a music "event" once a month. There's one Holiday
Market, set up inside a local school and the fees for that one market are
$20.
These fees are quite low and really need to go up in order to pay a
manager properly.