[Market-farming] Farmers market fees

HERBKDR at aol.com HERBKDR at aol.com
Sat Nov 24 03:49:26 EST 2007

I was just curious how much your market charges to set up.  Our market  just
doubled our entry fees and it seems a bit high to me.  We have a  market with
approximately 70 vendors selling at various times throughout the  market
season.  It's a great market but so are many others that don't  charge as much.  We
now have to pay $400 for two 10 x 10 tent spaces and it  must be paid before
January 1 or you cannot sell next season.   The daily set up fee, for the two
spaces, is $40.

I just think this sounds like a high price for the smaller farmer.  Do  any
of you pay an amount like this to sell at your farmers market?

Karin