[Market-farming] Rotor Tiller

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Wed Nov 14 05:33:17 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:24:48PM -0500, Allan Balliett wrote:
> >I guess you're thinking of tilling
> >between rows?  Might you be better off with a small disk instead?
>
> Willie - Can you explain how this would work?

No, I'm not sure what Bill wants to use a 30"-36" 3-point tiller for.
But, whatever it is, I think a narrow disk might serve better.
I know Bill has a high clearance tractor that will go over 20"+ crops
and it can be set up pretty narrow.  But, I don't believe it can be set
up for 30"-36" to go between, rather than over, crops.

In short, I don't yet know why anyone would want a tiller (or a disk)
that is narrower than the tractor.  I'm sure Bill will enlighten us.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  163 days  5 hours 48 minutes